Saturday, June 23, 2007

The perils of blogging

I have discovered a hazard of blogging I did not previously anticipate. Yesterday, I blogged about Eric Faulkner's appearance, prior to Tony Benn, at Glastonbury. I embedded a YouTube video of Mr Faulner's former group, The Bay City Rollers, singing "Summer Love Sensation".

As I made clear, I hated the Rollers' music. However, I checked the video by watching it. Lo and behold, nearly a day later, I still have the damned tune going round in my head! I just can't get it out of my mind.

Well, it could have been worse. It could have been the cerebral "Shang-a-lang":

...well we sang shang-a-lang as we ran with the gang
doin doo wop be dooby do ay
we were all in the news
with our blue suede shoes
and our dancin the night away.

...shang-a-lang,
shang-a-lang,
shang-a-lang
shang-a-lang, shang-a-lang, shang-a-lang

written by P Coulter and B Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment