Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Recent updates

I have now worked out that I actually started this blog on 18th May 2006, so I am a few days short of my first anniversary and 660 posts down. I am delighted to say I survived the year without disabling comments or censoring them except on one occasion when I “starred up” two swear words from an “anonymous” commenter.

One thing I have considered, but not bothered with, is a warning to “anonymous” commenters that, more often than not, I can see their IP address from my Site statistics monitors, so they are not actually totally “anonymous” even if they think they are. As I say, I haven’t bothered with this.

I have had great fun with this blog over the year, which is rather worrying. Thank you for reading it.

I recently updated my header photos to include Julia Goldsworthy because she is a good “Cornish Maid” and Colin Eldridge, PPC for Wavertree, because I am a fan of his. The seaview is of Camel Rock, Widemouth Bay, Cornwall. The church is St Nicolas Church, Newbury where I worship and the LibDem gathering is of David Rendel when he was recently elected Newbury PPC.

Call me an anorak if you like, but I have tried to have every “mod con” known to mankind on my sidebar. Recently I have added:

Recent comments
Recent posts
Search this blog – by Google
Tag cloud
Popular posts
Translate this blog
“Blog juice” counter
Various quotes from celeb and pols wot I like
A Menzies Campbell video wall via Youtube
Various campaign badges
Gapingvoid.com daily cartoon
Link to this site button
“Best stuff in the world” picture wall
Video wall which is set to “politics”. It looks fantastic but some of the videos are rather dated.
Upcoming LibDems on the media
Current state of the moon panel

I intend to increase my “24 carat burbles” link list but for now it includes (with recent adds asterisked):


5 tracks - Question everything *
A Liberal goes a long way
A Yellow Guard
Ballots, Balls & Bikes
Brian Sloan *
Double negative *
Duncan Borrowman
Forceful and Moderate
Home of the Mandinmories (Gambian issues) *
Hot Ginger and dynamite
Hug a hoodie
Hunting for witches *
Iain Dale's Diary
LibDem blogs
Liberal (Not so) Alone
Liberal Review
Life and Times of..... *
Lindyloo's Muze
Matt Davies *
Moonlight over Essex
My tale of me *
Nile's blog
No Geek is an island
Norfolk Blogger
Notes from across the pond *
Peter Black AM
Pigeon Post
So...this is my life *
Temperama
The Laughing Cavaliers *
The Liberal Republican *
The Periodic Englishman
The posh sounding Northumbrian
The Sandals are off
The site where I prove the 'right' are wrong *
The Very Fluffy Diary of Millennium Dome, Elephant
The Whiskey Priest
Twentyfour hours in the West Berks Jungle *
UK Daily Pundit *
Voting TaKtix *

Once again, thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment