Saturday, May 26, 2007

The questionable beauty of birdsong

Don't get me wrong. I am a great fan of birdsong. It is very relaxing.

Eric, our neighbourhood "early bird - no glimmer of dawn missed - guaranteed reaction with tweeting within one nano second of daylight suggesting itself" blackbird started off at 04:11 today. Bless him.

I had just got back to sleep when at 05:17 it all kicked off in the local ornithological world. It seemed that two birds (I assume blackbirds) were having a bit of a barney in our front garden. Territorial, perhaps. Anyway they didn't let up twit-twitting very aggressively at each other for what seemed an eternity. Bless them.

2 comments:

  1. At least you got back to sleep. I've been awake for seven and a half hours already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathise - been there - quite often!

    ReplyDelete