Monday, August 27, 2007

Matt Lucas and David Walliams get '£2 million a year from BBC to do very little'

Pendennis in the Observer suggests that the Little Britain duo are being paid something like £2 million a year to do very little for "quite some time". Oh, that's all right then. It's only licence payers money and they are soooooooooooooooo talented aren't they? It's worth paying them all that to keep them off ITV or Sky and preserve them for the 'national broadcaster', isn't it?

No, I thought not.

Further confirmation from the Edinburgh TV jamboree that the BBC is an understanding employer. BBC1 head Peter Fincham, fielding questions about the very handsome three-year contract (£6m we hear) given to Matt Lucas and David Walliams, said he doesn't expect them to do much for quite some time. They are on a BBC 'pause'. How lovely. Can we have one please?

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought that either of these to*ssers (see what I did there?) are remotely funny so my ghast is completely flabbered to discover that I'm contributing to what must be the biggest gardening leave payment in recorded history. Meanwhile, the w*anker running this show is spending megabucks moving it all to Manchester, for ch*rist's sake, presumably mostly in the interests of political correctness.

    I want my money back!

    ReplyDelete