Thursday, August 16, 2007

The last page of the internet

I was talking to someone the other day about obsessions with internet use. I casually mentioned "The last page of the internet".

They didn't believe me that there was a "Last page of the internet", so I beckoned them to my computer and showed them it.

Another person involved in the conversation hadn't heard of it, either. It was something I chanced upon, reading some sort of article a few years ago.

In fact, there are now numerous pages which call themselves the "Last page of the internet". There are also pages which say they are the "First page of the internet" and there is a  "Middle page of the internet". And Wikipedia has a thing on this whole phenoenum.

2 comments:

  1. It really ought to say 'this page is intentionally blank'.

    And way to go on the blog puffing - if that story doesnt get you to the top of the hits list I dont know what would (actually maybe one headed Iain Dale writes the last page of the internet would out do it) ;-)))

    PS - Paul, whenever I visit your site my computer freezes for a few seconds and I then get a message telling me the script in the movie is making Flash Player run slowly. I think it is one of the ads you carry- you might want to check it out as its a bit off putting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ed. I'll have a look at that when I surface next. I don't carry any adverts which are commercially advantageous to me. They are all ads for good causes etc

    ReplyDelete