Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Reading concede three goals in first six minutes!

It was fascinating to hear Reading FC chairman, John Madejski, speculating a few days ago, on BBC Radio Berkshire, as to whether he fancied taking on Middlesborough or West Brom in the FA Cup Quarter Final.

Tempting providence, or what?

My ten year old daughter was asked, with her after-school classmates today, to guess the result tonight. "2-3 to Man U" she said.."Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings"?

At half-time, with the score at 1-3, it will be interesting to see if she is right.

I had to laugh at Mr Laid Back - Steve Coppell. For once, he was forced to communicate from his stand seat when Reading conceded three goals in the first six minutes. Action was needed. So, he picked up his mobile and told his coach down at the touchline to change the system.

...It's good to talk!

2 comments:

  1. And it was 2-3 after all. What odds would you have got on that ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could work it out! I'll have to have a wager the next time she comes up with something like that!

    (Sorry I lost your original comment for some strange reason, NB)

    ReplyDelete