Sunday, June 11, 2006

Great British Grand Prix

The British Grand Prix at Silverstone was its usual well organised triumph. Alonso again drove a perfect race and there were lots of jubilant Spaniards wandering around afterwards. Schumacher showed how brilliant team work can win a race. His crucial pit stop was 3-4 seconds shorter than Raikkonen's at the same time, and as a result, he overtook the Finn.

Poor old Jenson Button! His engine started emitting flames right in front of our grandstand. But he got a huge cheer as he walked back to the pits. My photo below shows his car being craned away.

I found it a very exciting race. For once, the cars were quite tightly packed for quite a while. There was one moment of superb driving from Schumacher and Raikonnen as they locked tyres (without touching) for a few seconds.

My photo below shows me next to Trulli's race car, in the pits a few minutes before the race started. I wanted to have this photo just in case I am ever accused of being "anti-car" again!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day and I had no idea you were a F1 fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a great day. I am a mild F1 fan, but my enthusiasm is fanned by a friend who was very kind so that I was able to enjoy the sanctuary of the Paddock club. Very civilised.

    ReplyDelete